Did you know that 77% of dog bites to children are by a dog the child knows?!
With this information, we can focus on teaching kids how to behave safely around dogs as well as learn to read our dogs. We have a variety of offerings for families, and can custom-tailor any training program to you.
Best Friends: Kids and Dogs Together – 90 minute in-home session. $150
Is your child fearful of your new puppy? Having trouble building a friendship? If you’re looking for a one-time session, filled with tips, training and management strategies from an expert trainer who specializes in working with families and dog, this is the perfect individualized session with your child (or children) and dog. The lesson includes how to understand what your pup is saying, how to play appropriately together, addressing fear and introducing fun training games. This lesson will help parent, child and puppy find peace and have fun together!
- Presentation on dog body language and how dogs communicate
- Kids will learn how to greet, pet and play with their dog safely
- Parents will learn what they are watching for when supervising their kid(s) and dog(s)
- Fun practice exercises and games for kids and dogs
- Specialized handouts from Family Paws Parent Education
- Follow-up session
For New or Expecting Parents – 2 private in-home sessions. $275
As new or expecting parents, you will spend months getting ready for your new bundle of joy – from painting the nursery to reading all about cribs, carseats and strollers, oh my! But have you been working to prepare your dog for the upcoming change? Getting your dog ready early can spare frustration, stress and even heartbreak down the road. We are passionate about sharing our expert knowledge from the world-renowned Family Paws Parent Education (not to mention I’m a mom to a toddler and newborn myself).
- How will you introduce baby and dog?
- Does your dog have attention seeking behaviors like pawing, jumping or barking?
- What will your dog do when while you’re feeding the baby?
- Do you know the signs your dog is giving you when he is stressed?
- How will your dog handle the new sounds of baby equipment and crying from your baby
Family Dog Training: 6 in-home sessions AND online training portal. $725
Do you have a new puppy? Congratulations! Are you finding yourself struggling to get the whole family on the same page to train your puppy? We know that taking on the mega-job of parenting kids AND a dog together is NOT easy! Our Family Dog Private Training program is customized to get EVERYONE involved. You’ll get all the tools and support you need to get your kids on board, your dog in check and the whole family playing for the same team! It’s fun, effective and 100% positive! Program includes:
- 6 in-home personal training sessions
- An online family video training program
- Your puppy will learn and master a skill every week
- Involves your WHOLE family in the training – YES! Kids too
- Includes training games that make learning fun
- Also includes “in a nutshell” videos to help keep grandparents and nannies on the same page
- Weekly homework emails will recap your session and help keep you on track
- Video library helps coach you through the skills you’ve learned
Whether you want to get ahead of the game or you’re struggling to keep you head above water, this program will give you everything you need to feel back on top of things, raise a well-mannered dog, and include your kids and partner in the process.
*This program is NOT intended to resolve serious behavioral issues with your dog such as; fear or anxiety, reactivity to people or dogs, growling, dislike being touched, resource guarding or poor bounce back from novel things and events.
Training family dogs requires special credentials
I decided to specialize in this work when we had our first baby girl, Sofia (we have two dogs as well). As a dog trainer, I was really surprised at the lack of services out there for families with kids and dogs. Over the last three years, as Sofia has grown into a toddler and our family has learned to manage a household full of an energetic now pre-schooler and another newborn baby (our second baby girl, Emma), I have experienced what it means to manage an active household while keeping kids and animals safe (we have 2 kitties as well).
I have invested the time and brain-power to study under the most respected programs in the world, graduating from the highly-respected Family Paws program, to become a licensed Parent Educator. I also have chosen to commit to The Family Dog program, which is the best program out there for families with kids 4+, hands down.
I have done the work so you don’t have to, and am walking the walk as well. I absolutely love to work with families, to help busy parents (often moms) get the word out to the family about how to raise a good puppy and train the family dog and keep everyone safe in the process. Let’s do this!